Are you passionate about using your financial expertise to drive social impact? Do you want to be a key leader in a rapidly growing company that is empowering people to live better lives? If so, the Chief Accounting Officer role at ArborKnot may be the perfect fit for you.
At Arborknot, we are on a mission to free people from the weight of debt so they can live better
Working at Arborknot provides a unique opportunity to tackle a real-world problem and help people who struggle financially with state-of-the-art technology and innovative new approaches to reduce their overdue bills in ways they never thought possible. As the CAO at ArborKnot, you will play a key role in driving the company’s financial planning and analysis, as well as shaping its overall business strategy. You will oversee all financial and accounting functions, manage relationships with key financial partners, and work closely with the CEO and other executives to drive growth. You will also have the opportunity to make a big social impact, as your work will directly contribute to freeing people from the burden of debt and helping them achieve their full potential.
If you are a strategic thinker with a strong financial background and a passion for making a difference, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Join us at ArborKnot where we are doing well by doing good.
- Oversee all aspects of the company’s finance function, including accounting, financial planning
and analysis, tax, treasury, and risk management
- Ensure that financial records are accurately maintained, and financial reporting is timely and in compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and accounting standards, including coordinating with the accounting team, external auditors, and external tax advisors as necessary
- Develop and implement financial plans and budgets, and analyze and interpret financial data to make informed business decisions, including forecasting revenues, expenses, and cash flows, and analyzing key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Manage the company’s cash and liquidity, including forecasting cash needs, raising equity and debt capital, and managing foreign exchange risk
- Identify, evaluate, and mitigate financial risks facing the company, including credit risk, market
risk, and operational risk
- Participate in the development and execution of the company’s strategic plan, including identifying and evaluating potential growth opportunities, analyzing the financial implications of different strategic options, and providing financial guidance and support to other members of the management team
- Provide financial reporting to all stakeholders including the board of directors, senior management team, investors, and lenders
- Provide financial guidance and support to other departments within the company, including data analysis, sales & marketing, product, R&D, operations, legal, compliance and human resources
- Act as a key advisor to the CEO and other members of the management team, providing financial expertise and recommendations on business decisions
- Stay up to date with relevant laws, regulations, and industry developments, and ensure that the company’s financial policies and procedures are compliant and effective.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field
- Master’s degree in business administration (MBA) or a professional accounting designation, such as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) (nice to have)
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in finance and accounting, with at least 5 years in a leadership role such as CAO, controller, or finance director
- Strong knowledge of financial principles, accounting standards, and tax laws, with experience applying these principles in a multi-jurisdictional setting
- Experience with financial planning and analysis, including the development and implementation of financial plans and budgets, and the ability to analyze and interpret financial data to inform business decisions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and evaluate financial risks and opportunities and recommend solutions
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders and present financial information in a clear and concise manner
- Proficiency with financial and accounting software, such as QuickBooks, SAP, or Oracle
Nice to haves:
- Experience in the financial technology, banking, or insurance industries
- Familiarity with GAAP standards for the sector, including CECL (Current Expected Credit Losses)
Please fill out the form and we’ll contact you as soon as possible.